Die Air Berlin PLC ist ein deutscher Luftfahrtkonzern mit Satzungssitz in Rickmansworth (Vereinigtes Königreich) und Verwaltungssitz in Berlin, der am Markt als Airberlin Group (Eigenschreibweise: airberlin group) mit der deutschen Fluggesellschaft Air Berlin sowie der österreichischen Niki Luftfahrt auftritt.
CABIN BAGGAGE RULES AIR BERLIN
Die Air Berlin PLC & Co. Luftverkehrs KG, in Eigenschreibweise kurz airberlin, ist die zweitgrößte deutsche und siebtgrößte europäische Fluggesellschaft mit Sitz in Berlin. Sie ist eine hundertprozentige Tochtergesellschaft der Mutterunternehmung Air Berlin PLC, die zugleich ihre Komplementärin ist. Air Berlin ist Mitglied der Luftfahrtallianz Oneworld und unterhält Luftfahrtdrehkreuze an den Flughäfen Berlin-Tegel, Düsseldorf, München und Zürich.
A single item of hand baggage may not exceed 8kg (10kg with laptop) and dimensions may not exceed 55cm x 40cm x 23cm. Passengers who have chosen the JustFly, FlyDeal or FlyClassic fare categories can take one item of hand baggage on board with them.
Customers in the FlyFlex/FlyFlex fare category, Business Class passengers and holders of topbonus Gold or Platinum Cards1 may also carry a second item of hand baggage.
In addition one of the following items (max. 40 cm x 30 cm x 10 cm; 2 kg) may be taken into the cabin free of charge:
- a laptop case
- a lady’s handbag, a lady’s purse or a gentlemen’s handbag
In addition, the following items may be carried if the passenger is dependent on them: a wheelchair (to be handed in at the gate), a pair of crutches and/or walking aids, other prostheses, a doctor’s bag.
There are baggage gauges available at the airport for all passengers to check the size of their hand baggage. Adherence to the hand baggage regulations is strictly enforced. Since the space available on board for hand baggage is limited, you may be asked, for your own safety, to check in your hand baggage if the aircraft is filled to capacity.
Please be aware of the increased security checks on flights to the US. Electronic devices such as mobile phones and laptops in particular are subject to an operational check. Devices which are not fully functional may not be carried by passengers entering the US.
If one of your flights is operated by one of airberlin's airline partners, the hand baggage allowance is subject to the terms and conditions of that particular airline.
We recommend that passengers carry valuables, medication, perishable or fragile items in their cabin baggage.
As a rule, the following articles are not permitted on board:
1. Articles that could put the aircraft, onboard equipment or persons at risk, in particular
- compressed gases,
- oxidising, radioactive, caustic and corrosive or magnetising substances,
- flammable substances,
- toxic or aggressive substances,
- any kinds of liquid, i.e. articles or substances that are classified as dangerous goods in accordance with the dangerous goods regulations.
2. Articles that are unsuitable for carriage on account of their weight, size or nature.
Passengers may not carry the following items in their cabin baggage or on their person:
- Weapons of any kind, in particular firearms, as well as blunt or pointed/edged weapons
- Ammunition and explosive substances of any kind
- Sharp objects, e.g. knives, scissors, ski poles and walking sticks
- Blunt instruments that can cause injury, e.g. golf clubs and snooker cues
- Lighters filled with lighter fluid
The following articles may only be carried in checked baggage:
- Razor blades
- Toy guns and commercially available toys that could be used as a weapon
- Sports rackets and other sports and leisure equipment that could be used as a weapon
- Knitting needles
- Any other sharp objects, such as knives, scissors, tail combs and syringes (except for certified medical purposes)
The following items may only be carried in hand baggage:
- Individual lithium batteries with a watt-hour rating of not more than 100 Wh for lithium-ion-batteries(rechargeable) or a lithium content of not more than 2g for lithium metal or lithium alloy batteries (non-rechargeable) as spare cells for portable electronic devices, e.g. laptops, mobile phones, watches and cameras
- Individual (rechargeable) lithium-ion batteries with a watt-hour rating of more than 100 Wh but not exceeding 160 Wh as spare cells for battery powered equipment, e.g. commercial cameras or helicopters; maximum quantity: 2; the approval of the operator is required
- Spare batteries must be individually protected to prevent short-circuits.
The list of prohibited articles is not final and can be added to at any time. Additional regulations may apply to certain flights.
Furthermore national regulations, as well as the IATA dangerous goods regulations must be complied with. The airline can provide a copy of these regulations on request.
€129.95 129.95 EUR
€119.95 119.95 EUR
€149.95 149.95 EUR
Regular Price: €119.95
Special Price €88.88
€119.95 119.95 EUR
Regular Price: €149.95
Special Price €88.88
€114.95 114.95 EUR