AIR FRANCE BAGGAGE POLICY
AIR FRANCE - is a well-known French airline based in Paris. The airline's headquarters are at Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport.
REGULATIONS, OFFERS AND TARIFFS
AIR FRANCE BAGGAGE POLICY
Depending on the class of travel, each passenger may take one or two pieces of hand luggage and one additional item on board. Air France hand luggage, including all pockets, wheels and handles, may not exceed 55 x 35 x 25 cm.
The personal item (e.g. handbag, shoulder bag, laptop bag or other electronic device) may not measure more than 40 x 30 x 15 cm.
For the hand luggage and the additional item, the total permissible weight is a maximum of 12 or 18 kg depending on the travel class. The information can be found on the flight ticket. Air France's baggage calculator calculates the total weight allowance for the selected journey.
- Jacket, coat and other clothes
- Duty Free items purchased on board or at the airport
- Items for children such as buggy, car seat, diaper bag
- Medical aids (foldable wheelchair, crutches, etc.)
ON BOARD ENTERTAINMENT
Air France offers a varied entertainment programme. Each seat is equipped with an individual display so that the passenger can optimally enjoy the monthly changing entertainment program. Movies, video games and music invite you to relax and be entertained. Air France also provides headphones. These can be easily adjusted using the adjustable headband and are also suitable for children. With the Air France Play app, every passenger can download a favorite press title onto their mobile device.
FOOD ON BOARD
The prelude is an alcoholic or non-alcoholic aperitif and savory biscuits. Then there is a choice between two warm main dishes. On flights to Asia, the specialties of the destination country are also served. Finally, there is coffee, tea or a digestif. The drinks are free.
Ticket purchase online. To request a refund, the booking should be called up via the "Manage my bookings" section, then the "Request a ticket refund" button should be clicked. Tickets that were not paid for by credit card cannot be refunded online. Please contact Air France on tel: +49 (0)69 29993772. A fee of €20 applies to refunds.
Ticket purchase via telephone reservation or at the airport. In order to request a ticket refund, the booking should be called up via the "Manage my bookings" section, then the "Request ticket refund" button should be clicked. Tickets that were not paid for by credit card but with another form of payment or tickets that were purchased at an Air France ticket office at the airport cannot be refunded online. Contact Air France on tel: +49 (0) 180 6 830 830. A fee of €20 applies to refunds.
Ticket purchase at the travel agency. For reimbursement with the original ticket, contact the agency or travel agency concerned.
FLIGHT DELAY COMPENSATION
As a passenger, there are different types of support and compensation. Compensation can be claimed for delays of more than three hours.
- For short distances of up to 1,500 km, there is a compensation of 250 €
- At 1,500 km and 3,500 km there is compensation of 400 €
- There is a compensation of €600 for long-distance journeys of more than 3,500 km
The claim is valid for up to 3 years after the trip. The amount of compensation does not depend on the ticket price. If the delay is more than 5 hours, you can cancel the flight completely. In this case, Air France is obliged to reimburse the costs or to organize alternative transport.
In the event of a next-day delay or flight cancellation, hotel accommodation and round-trip airport fare will be reimbursed.
Air France is not liable for minor damage such as scratches, dents or stains. These can occur during carriage in the hold.
Baggage damage can be reported to the Air France Baggage Service at the destination airport. There you will find the necessary information for compensation and a confirmation with a reference number.
Compensation can be requested up to seven days after the baggage has been received. The following documents should be submitted: boarding pass/ticket, baggage tag, baggage repair estimate.
Note: Note: You must obtain Air France's written consent before accepting a replacement bag or agreeing to the repair of the bag. Without this declaration of consent, the costs incurred will not be covered.
Please keep the original documents. You may need to submit these documents at a later date.
- Economy Light Tariff - In the Economy Light tariff, only hand luggage is included in the price, more luggage can be booked for €15. All fares (Light, Standard, Flex) include catering on board and free drinks.
- Economy Standard Fare - The Economy Standard Fare includes 23kg baggage allowance. All fares (Light, Standard, Flex) include catering on board and free drinks.
- Economy Flex Fare - The Economy Flex fare includes 23kg baggage allowance. In the Flex fare, the passenger can rebook to another flight at relatively short notice and without additional costs. Thanks to the "Go Show", the passenger can use an earlier flight on the same day of travel, provided there are free seats on the plane. There is also a "priority check-in". Passengers with this fare sit at the front of Economy Class and can be the first to disembark. All fares (Light, Standard, Flex) include catering on board and free drinks.
- Business Tariff - The Business Tariff includes 2 x hand luggage 55x35x25 cm (18kg in total) + 2 pieces of free luggage with a maximum of 32 kg each. With the business tariff, you fly in business class. The passenger gets extra space.